Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rice Krispie Treats

Today I decided that I would try to make Rice Krispie treats for my kids. I was not quite sure how they would turn-out since the recipe on the box stated not to use tub margarine or diet margarine. The only margarine that I use that is soy and milk free is Earth's Balance Soy Free and it is in a tub, and probably considered diet. They ended up turning out great, just a bit stickier than I remember. I added sprinkles to the top of them (my daughter likes anything with sprinkles), and you could also add Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips.

Here is the recipe:

4 tbsp margarine

4 cups mini marshmellows (or 40 large marshmellows)

6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt margarine in a pan over low heat, add marshmellows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Spread in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.

(The original recipe on their site also has a microwave method. I tried this once using Fleishmans Unsalted margarine and it did not turn out well, I would not suggest it when using soy free margarine either)

No comments: