Sunday, September 11, 2011

School Week 3, the Letter C

Preschool

Here are this week's boxes:



Transferring jingle bells (a favorite!), Matching the letter



Fall Leaf Sort (all items from the Dollar Store)


Letter "C" Items, puzzle

These are the crafts we did this week:

Cotton ball "clouds" on the letter "C" (printable from here

We made cupcake crayons (250 degrees for 15 minutes, let set until cool remove the paper and then freeze until set up).


Pom Pom catepillar (my three year old got crazy with the pom-poms!), Do A Dot Caterpillars

We read the following books for the letter C:

Curious George- H.A. Rey

The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Eric Carle

Chicken Soup with Rice- Maurice Sendak (one of my favorite stories from my days in First Grade!)

Caps for Sale- Esphyr Slobokina

Harold and the Purple Crayon- Crockett Johnson

Kindergarten

Bible

Our Bible Lesson this week was Adam and Eve disobeyed God. I did not have any crafts for the children, but we read through the lessons in Ken Hamm's A is for Adam.

At the end of the week we used the magnets from So Simple So Sweet to have the children re-tell the lesson.

Fall

We did two fall activities this week. First we made apples from yarn. They were adorable the directions can be found here.

We also made a fall pumpkin scene. The first day we sprinkled the seeds (spices), the second day our vine grew (ribbon), the third day our green pumpkins emerged (little green pom-poms) and the fourth and final day our pumpkins turned big and orange (pom-poms). The original idea can be found here. We used our gnomes instead of Calico Critters (we don't own any but own Maple Towns from the 80's but I am not ready to give them to my kids yet!)

We read books about apples and pumpkins as well as:

How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?- Margaret McNamara and G. Brian Karas

Leaf Man- Lois Ehert

Reading

We did a couple of reinforcing activities:

Pumpkin Poke Cards

Sight Word Cookie Flip

We had a crazy week. We started our week on Sunday (I would never do this, but my husband came home for a couple days and I did not want to have to worry about school while he was here). It was a good week overall and we accomplished pretty much everything we needed to. We were also able to attend a preschool song and storytime at the library (something that we have not done for a couple years, and the kids really enjoyed it!)


I am linking to:

Tot School

abc button

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Your matching the letter/clothespin ABC lesson is AWESOME! I am printing out the cards right now and will be laminating them. I'm not entirely sure that my 3 year old can match all the lowercase and uppercase letters and this will help me identify what we need to work on and help him learn. We don't homeschool but I love to work on projects like this in addition to school.

Amanda said...

I wish I could take credit for it! It was actually created by Carissa at 1+1+1=1, the only part I added was matching the magnetic letter to it.

MissMOE said...

You are awesome at putting together fun and educational weeks. Thanks for sharing!

Fiona said...

what great ideas! Those crayon cupcakes are a great idea!