Thursday, November 25, 2010

Cranberry Scones- Yum!

I found this recipe a couple of years ago in Southern Living magazine and up until now I made it with eggs , butter and milk. Here is my version of the recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup fresh cranberries (divided- I like to chop half of my cranberries- but this is totally optional)

1/2 cup allergy friendly margarine (I use Earth's Balance soy free), melted

1/2 cup coconut milk or rice milk

egg substitute equivalent to one egg


Stir first four ingredients together, stir in cranberries.

Whisk together margarine, milk, and egg substitute, then add to flour mixture. Stir just until all is moistened. Drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Lightly sprinkle with sugar.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments: