Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Finds at the Grocery Store

It seems like nearly everytime I go to the grocery store I find new items that are allergy friendly to our allergies. It never ceases to suprise me everytime I find something new I thought we would not be able to eat. I think part of the reason that I was meant to go on this diet is so that I would be forced to find more things that my children can enjoy. While I have always tried to make sure they could eat things, I am trying to find additional things for myself since there are a lot of foods that I miss. I went to Aldi last Friday and they have graham cracker pie crust that only contains wheat. Then I went to Kroger and found that Jell-o brand pudding (only the instant sugar-free) had several flavors that did not contain any of the 8 major allergens. I also found that frozen Lenders Bagels (at least the blueberry flavor ) only contained wheat. So on Sunday I decided that maybe I should try making a "cheesecake"- the cheesecake was cheesecake flavored pudding in a graham cracker crust. I made it with vanilla flavored coconut milk and it tasted like a vanilla pudding pie- not like cheesecake. I think that next time I try the cheesecake pudding I will use rice or coconut without vanilla. We also made another trip to Kroger today and I found that there are a few varieties of Pop-Tarts that only contain soy and wheat. So I was not able to try them, but J and Princess R enjoyed them on the trip home.

No comments: