Thursday, June 16, 2011

Alphabet Bags

My sister informed me of this idea for reinforcing the alphabet with young children. It is super easy to do and does not cost much money. All you need is the alphabet letter (I printed out both upper and lower case letters and then laminated them), random things you can find around your house- I did not purchase anything except for foam, and a large zipper bag to store all the items. There were some letters I had a harder time finding items for so I am making items out of foam (for the letter A I made an alligator, anchor and an acorn). My kids love this activity and I think that it a great way to reinforce the letters with hands-on learners. So far I have completed letters A, B and C. Here are my bags:




The letter A:

Angel
Acorn
Ambulance
Airplane
Anchor
Alligator
Ant
Alf





The letter B contains:

Bow
Book
Boxing glove
Book
Button
Bunnies
Bell
Bag
Ballet Shoe
Bears
Bottle
Bib
Bottle


The letter C:

Candy Cane
Chess pieces
Cross
Crown
Cat
Cake
Candy
Clown
Cactus
Coat

No comments: