Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Christmas Sensory Box

Our sensory box for the month of December is Christmas! I decided to use red and green shredded paper for the bottom, since it is safe for my little one and less messy than the last couple of boxes!



What is included in the box:
Plastic red and gold ornaments (The Dollar Store)
Tiny Trees (Hobby Lobby)
Candy Canes- I pulled these off garland (The Dollar Store)
Jingle Bells
Two stuffed snowmen



This has already been a hit, but have already found shredded paper on the floor. I am so excited that both my older kids are old enough to do fun Christmas activities. We have started doing other Christmas themed activities this week and I plan on sharing them every week.

Here is a look at last year's winter sensory box. The bottom of the box was regular rice, cotton balls, pom poms and a little bit of batting (think snow!) I also added several winter friends and buttons.


I am linking to:
abc button

2 comments:

Katie from ABC&123: A Learning Cooperative said...

Cute collection of materials in your box! Thanks for linking to Show and Tell this week. I am hoping to do a feature post on Christmas sensory boxes soon and would like to highlight yours then:)

Lisa said...

Just stopping by from Show and Tell. Great Christmas sensory bin! I just made a sensory tub for my tot and preschooler and also used shredded paper...which still finds its way all over the house! The snowmen and trees and great additions...my preschooler would love these for imaginative play! I just joined your site on GFC!

Lisa
http://crisscrossapplesaucelearning.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-sensory-tub.html