Sunday, December 4, 2011

This Week in School, Letter I and Christmas Theme

This week we were easing back into school after the Thanksgiving break. Everytime we have a break I find I have a hard time getting motivated. We have a few weeks until Christmas break so I am hoping that we can get a good start before Christmas break!

Preschool
This week we studied the letter I. My daughter did not have quite as many letter associated activities as I would normally have for her. She did Do A Dot for the Letter I and Getting Ready for I from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

Bins
She also had many Christmas themed bins this week.



Sorting Christmas erasers



Tonging Christmas bows (from Counting Coconuts)



Matching Shapes to Flashcards and a Christmas peg in the hole game



"Felt Friends" (from Counting Counting Coconuts)



Beading Jingle Bells and a puzzle


Other Christmas Themed Activities

In addition to our Christmas themed bins we also started our Christmas sensory box and our Jesse Advent Tree. Please see the post for the sensory box here and the Advent Tree here.


Next week we will be studying the letter J and adding additional Christmas activities.

I am linking to:

Tot School

No comments: