Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Did it! I finished the Cincinnati Half Marathon!

I have wanted to run a marathon for several years now, but everytime I thought seriously about doing it I either had an injury or I was pregnant (or just had a baby!). So in May when my husband went to the Flying Pig Marathon expo I saw that they were holding a half marathon in Cincinnati without hills. My husband ran the half marathon of the Flying Pig and about halfway through there is a giant hill. Well I registered both of us for the race and I began training Memorial Day weekend (I have been running almost everyday for the past 10 years and have only missed maybe three-four weeks in those 10 years when I had my three kids and when I started to develop a stress fracture in my foot). Well this morning I finally met my goal and finished the half marathon in 1 hour and 48 minutes. I came in 262 overall and 13 in my age group and my husband ran it in 2 hours and 20 minutes (he only ran five times since May when he finished the Pig, which he said was a really bad idea- he realized he really needed to train for it!) I was very proud of myself since I think that time for an old 32 year old lady who has three kids, one of which I had 8 months ago via c-section. So now I think I may attempt the 1/2 Pig in May (we will see- that hill up Mt. Adams is still not calling my name). But now I can say "I did it!"

No comments: