Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Favorite Burritos- Allergy Friendly Recipe

Where I grew-up we had this great fast food burrito restaurant that made the biggest burritos I have ever seen. They had two sizes regular and large (and the large was so big that you pretty much had to share it!), now they carry three sizes: Big Daddy, Regular and Little Brother. This is my take on their burritos.

Ingredients:
Pot Roast (I cook my pot roast all day in the slow cooker)
Rice
Black Beans
Salsa
Spinach (opinional) this needs to be cooked spinach. I cook my spinach in a boiling pot of water and then as soon as it wilts I take it out and shock it.
Monteray Jack cheese or Cheddar cheese (shredded)- omit if you have a dairy allergy
Burrito sized flour torillas

Combine all ingredients on your flour tortilla.

Here is the burrito I ate last night. I did not use the spinach because when I opened the bag I discovered it had gone bad.

No comments: