Friday, January 21, 2011

Homeschool Prep Progress

I am planning on homeschooling my older son J next year for kindergarden (as well as start 3 year old preschool with my daughter) and the last few weeks I have been doing A LOT of research and finally have made a decision on a few things. First I love sensory boxes and I am planning on doing a new sensory box every month with a new theme for the month. Along with the sensory box I will also focus on books and craft activities to match our theme. Here is my schedule for our sensory boxes for the year (I am starting this early because my kids LOVE sensory boxes)


Jan- Snow/ winter theme

Feb- Valentines Day (I will have a post up about this box in about a week- I am almost done)

March- Spring

April- Garden

May- Space

June- Beach

July- 4th of July- red, white and blue

August- Ice Cream (and maybe ice sensory blocks for use in the bathtub)

September- Construction

October- Fall

November- Dinosaurs

December- Christmas


I have also been researching cirriculum for J. We have decided to do math, Bible and english with him next year and we are going to also focus on additional subjects that he is interested in such as space. We are going to use Hooked on Phonics for reading and the same Bible lessons we do with his sister. As for math I know we are going to use a course with manipulatives, I am just not sure which one.

For Princess R I am using abcjesuslovesme.com cirriculum, except for the alpabet, which I am hoping to find a cirriculum I can purchase so I don't have to print everything out myself.

For both my daughter and the baby (who will be one in a few weeks!) I am going to use a lot of ideas from Carisa's Tot School (1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com) especially tot trays.

I am trying to get eveything planned out prior to the convention at the end of March so that I know which workshops I really want to attended and know what I am looking for when I get to the exhibit hall- which can be totally overwhelming!


No comments: