Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Favorite Granola Bars

I LOVE Granola bars, but the vast majority of granola bars are not allergy friendly by any means. So while my husband was chomping away on his Nature Valley granola bars I decided that I really needed some so I scoured the internet and after trying a couple of recipes that I was not crazy about I found a great alerternative (and in my opinion they are better than store bought granola bars).

http://www.food.com/recipe/granola-bars-110421

Granola Bars
4 cups Oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 cup coconut (you can leave this out- it is not necessary for the recipe to turn out)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup honey (or 1/2 cup honey and 1/4 cup molasses OR 1/2 cup honey and 1/4 cup corn syrup)
Optional: raisins, chocolate chips, craisins

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add oil and honey. Mix well get your fingers in there and mix it until all is blended and sticky feeling. Add any optional ingredients. Firmly press in a 12 x 15 inch pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees (they will look puffy when they come out and don't let them get too brown). Cut immediately or they will be too hard to cut.

No comments: