Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Winter Themed Preschool Lessons


One of my goals for this year is to start working more with my 2 year old. I try to work at least a few times a week with J- usually with reading or with handwriting, but it seems that my little princess has gotten lost in the shuffle and as with most middle children, I have not spent as much one-on-one time teaching her as I did with my first born. So to give her more time and to try to start teaching her (and to get her used to what she will be doing once we start homeschooling J this fall) I am starting her out with lessons on winter. I have decided to do a sensory box- this is a box filled with things related to winter and on the bottom I have put rice so she can practice pouring and playing with the rice. In addition to the sensory box I am going to do a snowman print-out where she will place the clothes on the snowman (and practice her cutting skills by actually cutting out the snowman). So far I have one book picked out to read (this is really a work in progress, but so far I am more planned out than usual) Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner. I am also planning on singing a snowman song and a polar bear song and making a peguin craft. To keep J occupied with the lesson I am going to talk about hibernation and arctic animals and do a science experiment on ice melting. Once I actually get my activities finalized I hope to link them up here.

No comments: