Thursday, February 17, 2011

Allergy-friendly Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

This recipe is an allergy friendly version of my husband's favorite cookies.

1/2 cup margarine (I use Earth's Balance soy free)
1/2 cup rice or coconut milk
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Sunflower butter (may have traces of soy)
3 cups of oatmeal (I like to use quick oats)

Mix butter, milk, cocoa and sugar in a pot on the stove on medium heat until it has been boiling for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add sunflower butter and oats. Mix until completely combined. Drop by the spoonful on waxed paper. Let cool before eating.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to have to try this. My oldest has a severe peanut allergy and it never occured to me to try Sunflower seed butter. Thanks for the tip.

Kathryn said...

Sounds yummy. I'd never heard of the sunflower seed butter either.

Fashion Mom said...

thank you for this receipt, good alternative x

Rebecca said...

Love your sweet blog and this recipe! Thanks for the 'soy' warning..we are trying to stay away, but a little is ok. Found you on the hop...hope you'll drop by!

Melanie said...

Hi from the blog hop. This is a great recipe. I come from a history of family food allergies so this will be cool. :)
www.TheMcMommyDiaries.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

This is a great recipe! I have a friend who could really use it, I will pass your blog info on to her.

I am a new follower from the weekend hop, I hope you have time to visit my blog www.mooseandtater.com

Unknown said...

What a great recipe. so many people suffer with allergies this is a great choice for them!