Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fun Valentines Day Activities

I love to do holiday themed activities with my kids. It always breaks up the monotony and they always seem to enjoy it. Here are some of the Valentines Day activities I have been doing with them.

*Make your own Valentines Day Playdough- this has provided hours of fun. My kids will sit with playdough and play until I make them put it away. We use heart shapped cookie cutters for our Valentine's Day theme and the playdough is light pink and scented with Pink Lemondae Kool-Aid. Here is the recipe I used for our homemade playdough:
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 pkg unsweetened Kool-Aid
1 cup boiling water
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil

Mix flour, salt and Kool-Aid. Stir in water and oil. Knead with hands about 5 minutes. Store in a Ziploc bag.

*Valentines Day Sensory Box http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/2011/01/february-sensory-box.html

*Conversation Heart Counting Manipulatives- we have been using the valentines conversation hearts to count out the number we roll on the dice and then they count out the number using the heart candies.

*Valentines Day Cards- we of course will be making Valentines Day cards for daddy. I will be letting them use whatever craft supplies they can glue on their cards

4 comments:

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

Cute ideas! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following yours too!

Texas Type A Mom said...

I'll have to try this with my daughter!

Thanks for the follow - following you back!
www.texastypeamom.com

Ember said...

Thanks for stopping by Remember Ember! I'm now a follower here!

Unknown said...

I have the exact same recipe. I love experimenting with the different scents of kool-aid too :)