Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Easy Chicken Soup for a Chilly Day

This morning my son J asked me if he could have chicken soup for dinner. Two weeks ago I made chicken soup for dinner. J would not try the soup for dinner (which is not unusual for him, he is always hesitant to try anything, which we think stems from his food allergies). The next day for lunch he saw me eating a bowl and asked if he could try it. He tried it and loved it so much he had two bowls. He continued to eat the soup the next few days until it was all gone. Here is the the easy recipe that I use:

Cook about a pound of chicken (I actually used 1.8 lbs of chicken breast today because J loves the chicken and the more good non-processed food I can get in the better!). You can also use leftover chicken, I have done this after roasting a chicken and having leftovers.


Add the chicken and broth to the crockpot. I like Aldi's Fit and Active because it does not have MSG in it or milk, eggs, nuts or soy.




Cut up three stalk of celery, a medium onion and three large carrots, throw them into the crockpot. I also added about 1 cup water because there was not enough liquid.


Start the soup in the morning and cook on low in the crock pot all day. By dinner you will have a great pot of healthy, allergen friendly soup!





19 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, that sounds yummy AND easy! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

I love Aldi's fit & Active line! following you from 6 in the Nest's Tuesday Blog Trail.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Sounds wonderful!! I need to show this to my husband :-D

Thanks for stopping by The House on the Corner ~ I'm following back!

Fashion Mom said...

hmmmmmm looks delicious x

Angie (Wallabygold Accessories) said...

The soup sounds yummy :)
I am following you from the Good Friends Click Blog Hop. If you get the chance please stop by my blogs

www.mywallabygold.blogspot.com
www.mywallabygold.com/blog

Thanks :)

Mika said...

That sound like a great recipe!
I love to cook! Thanks!
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Mika

Stacey said...

Now I want chicken soup for dinner! I am now following... You can check me out at http://www.confessionscyster.blogspot.com

Thanks!

MMAR said...

My Hubby loves Soup!! Thanks for the recipe! Stopping in from MBC.
~Melissa
http://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlander
http://www.facebook.com/KUWTR

Hope Comerford said...

This would also be great in the Crock Pot! :) I'm your newest follower from the Queen of Swag Bloghop!
www.hopealicious.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Hope

Krisztina Clifton said...

Hi! Following from a Wednesday blog hop. Would love to have you in my free directory at http://theblogentourage.blogspot.com

Erin Wallace said...

This is pretty much the way I make chicken noodle soup - it IS yummy!

I am your newest follower via the Humpday Hop. I hope to see you at my blog Dropped Stitches.

Unknown said...

Mmmm! sounds good!

~Kim~ MBC 200 followers

http://inspiredbythemediterranean.blogspot.com/

Kirsten said...

That looks like such a great choice during this chilly winter season!
Following back with love :)

Spoiled...but Not Rotten said...

Yum! That sounds delicious! I was just wondering what I was going to have for dinner this evening. This is perfect and I already have it all. Perfect!

Thanks for stopping by Spoiled...but Not Rotten! You have a new follower as well!

AngelEden said...

Hi, I'm newest follower from the blog hop, I hope you have a moment to visit my blog www.angeleden.blogspot.com and follow me back :)

Abi

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. This recipe sounds great for a cold day (like today here!) :)

Jeannette said...

This is exactly what I needed today with a sick little one at home! Feel free to check me out at www.myadventureinmommyhood.blogspot.com!

MissMOE said...

Looks yummy. I'm following you from MBC--feel free check out my blog: http://missmoe-thesearethedaysofmylife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey I love that. I was just saying I wished I knew how to make soup and now I do. Thank you.
Melynda
Just started to follow you.