Monday, February 28, 2011

Ham and Bean Soup (free of all top 8 allergens!)

This is such an easy recipes and it tastes really good too!

Throw the following ingredients into the crock pot:

2 cans Northern Beans


Ham- I like to use the cottage butt (this piece was 1.7 lbs) but you can even use leftover ham)


Two cans of water

One chopped onion

1 tsp garlic powder

I put everything into the crock pot yesterday at 10:30 on low and then switched it to high at 3:30 and let it cook until 5:00 (so it is was in the crock pot 6.5 hours). If you use a large piece of ham don't forget to take all the meat apart once it is tender.

2 comments:

busyfaith said...

I love this recipe. I'm going to try this soon. My son loves ham and great white northern beans. Never thought to just combine the two. Great idea. Thanks!! :)

Catrina said...

Very simple recipe that I'm going to try! Thanks! I'm a new follower at mbc.

http://frugalfunchallenge.blogspot.com