Saturday, February 26, 2011

March Sensory Box

Today I put away the February sensory box and set-up it up for our March theme: Spring! I know it really looks like an Easter box, but I really wanted to do a spring theme and for April I decided to do the garden since I am hoping it will be warm by then and I can get the kids outside and into the real garden.

This is the picture looking down into the box.



This is everything that I have included in the box.

I did not have to buy anything for this box most of it came from Easter decorations or toys the kids had in their Easter baskets.

Here is the list of everything I included:

Easter grass

Plastic Easter eggs

Two tin Easter buckets

Fabric chick Easter basket

Various plastic/ fabric toys

I am currently searching for items to include in the April sensory box. I found a couple great items this weekend at Target's Dollar Spot. Other great stores to find supplies for sensory boxes are: The Dollar Store, The Party Store, Michaels dollar section, Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart (check the party section and the seasonal section- they usually carry inexpensive party favors).

5 comments:

Saving Creatively said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Following from MBC. You can find me at www.savingcreatively.com

Kathryn said...

I've never heard of a sensory box! Is that for the kids to explore, feel, touch, learn about different things each month? Cool idea!

Ellery said...

Love the name of your blog. Following you from MBC, hope you'll follow back,
www.MomsLifeMadeEasy.com

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

New follower! Love your Spring themed box! :) Lots of fun textures, colors and shapes in store! :)

Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

Chelsey said...

This is such a cool idea!

I'm following you back! Thanks for the follow.