Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Space Sensory Box

Our May sensory box theme is space. I am so glad that my sister had offered to let us borrow her sensory box and luckily I planned to use it in May, since things are so crazy the last thing on my mind was planning a new sensory box. The only items I added to the box are the blue flat marbles. My sister used blue aquarium rocks, but she complained that the blue came off on the kids hands and with having the house on the market the last hing I want to deal with is blue on the carpet since the items I use on the bottom of the box always end up on the floor! :



Here is what is included in our box:


Flat blue Marbles

Space related figurines

Polished stones

Star beads

Foil balls

Jacks




We are also using the following books this month with our space theme:

My Book of Planets by Elise See Tai
There's No Place Like Space: All About our Solar System by Tish Rabe
My First Book of the Planets by Elizabeth Winthrop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amanda, we have on each Friday linky for toys, activities and games for toddlers and preschoolers over at: http://best-toys-for-toddler.blogspot.com/ We would love to see you add your ideas! :)