Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April Sensory Box

I am so excited about our April sensory box. The theme this month is the garden! I am planning on doing a bunch of garden related activities with my two older children, including allowing them to plant some of their own seeds. I struggled with what to use to fill the bottom of the box and settled on little rocks purchased at Hobby Lobby. The rocks are in the section with marbles and come in three pound bags and I used two bags to fill the bottom of my container.



Here is what is in the box:
Six pounds of small stones (Hobby Lobby)
Pinwheel flower (Hobby Lobby)
Shovel and Rake (Hobby Lobby)
Pink flower (Jo-Ann Fabrics)
Bird House (Target Dollar Spot)
Butterfly Magnifying Glass (Target Dollar Spot)
Squishy Bugs (Target Dollar Spot)
Two Frogs (I can't remember where they came from I just found them in the toy box!)



No comments: